October 12, 2005 - Thursday, Oct. 13
• County Council Chairman John Campisi will speak during a meeting of the Tesson Ferry Township Republican Club at 7 p.m. at Abiding Savior Luth-eran Church, 4355 Butler Hill Road. For information, call (314) 894-0357.
• The Crestwood-Sunset Hills Kiwan-is Club will meet at 12:15 p.m. at Tsevis' Pub and Grill, 189 Concord Village Pla-za. For information, call (636) 305-9910.
• A cancer support and prayer group will meet at 7 p.m. at the Rivers of Life Church, 4646 S. Lindbergh Blvd. For more information, call (314) 842-2207.
• Chapter 640 of Parents Without Partners will meet at 7 p.m. at the New Hope United Methodist Church, 3921 Jeffco Blvd. For more information, call (314) 614-6131.
• October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and breast cancer educator Sherry Callahan will discuss breast cancer awareness, preventative actions, risk factors and overall breast health during a free seminar at 6:30 p.m. ShapeXpress, 5626 Telegraph Road. For more information, call (314) 846-SHAPE.
Friday, Oct. 14
• A benefit dance for south county resident Mike Baylard, who suffered a major stroke last spring, will take place from 8 to 11 p.m. at the St. Matthias Parish Center, 798 Buckley Road. Pro-ceeds will go toward Baylard's medical bills. The cost is $20 and includes beer, setups and snacks. For more information, call (314) 544-2162.
• A Trivia Night will take place at 7 p.m. at the Church of the Open Door at the corner of Grant Road and Big Bend Boulevard, Webster Groves. The cost is $10. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call (314) 849-7594.
• The Affton CenterStage Theatre will present "Arsenic and Old Lace'' at 8 p.m. today and at 1 and 8 p.m. Saturday at the Robert Reim Theatre, 111 S. Geyer Road, Kirkwood. Tickets cost $12 and are available at the door. Active military, reserve, active reserve and National Guard personnel — and up to three direct dependents — will be admitted free with a valid Military Department of Defense photo identification card. For more information, call (636) 349-6880.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 9:30 a.m. at the Affton Presbyterian Church, 9217 Gravois Road. For more information, call (314) 845-6044.
• St. Luke's Singles will meet at 6 p.m. at a local restaurant. Dinner reservations are required. For information, call (314) 631-2140 or (314) 892-4549.
• St. John Vianney High School, 111 S. Kirkwood Road, will conduct a groundbreaking ceremony at 6:15 p.m. to launch the first phase of its Capital Campaign Building Project, which in-cludes a state-of-the-art 1,200-seat field house, a commons/entrance area and new parking lots.
Saturday, Oct. 15
• Christ Memorial Lutheran Church's Community Fall Festival and Grand Opening will take place from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 5252 S. Lindbergh Blvd. — the former Target store. Admission is free. For additional information, call (314) 631-0304.
• A "Taste of Telegraph,'' a fund-raising night of food and entertainment, will take place at 6:30 p.m. at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, 4556 Telegraph Road. The event will feature food and desserts from area restaurants and live entertainment. The cost for this adult-only event is $20 per person in advance or $25 at the door. Call (314) 845-0867 for tickets.
• Jefferson County Divorced, Sepa-rated or Widowed Catholics will sponsor a dance from 8 p.m. to midnight at Concord Farmers Club, 10140 Concord School Road. The cost is $10. Singles of all faiths 21 years old and older are welcome. For more information, call (636) 282-7263.
• Today is the deadline to purchase discounted tickets to the Affton Cham-ber of Commerce's eighth annual Wurst-mart that will take place Oct. 23 at Con-cordia Turner's Hall, 6432 Gravois Road. For ticket information, call (314) 849-6499.
Sunday, Oct. 16
• The Ladies' Evening Guild of Gethsemane Lutheran Church, 765 Lemay Ferry Road, will sponsor a spa-ghetti dinner and bake sale from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. For tickets, call (314) 631-7331.
• St. Luke's United Methodist Church, 2761 Telegraph Road, will sponsor its 16th annual "all-you-can-eat'' chicken dinner from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Parkhurst Multi-Purpose Building.
• A meat shoot will begin at noon at Oakville Elks No. 2726, 2726 Oakville Elks Lane.
• The Peace Lutheran Men's Club and Thrivent Financial for Lutherans No. 30663 will sponsor a family style pork sausage dinner from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Peace Lutheran Church, 737 Bar-racksview Road. For more information, call (314) 892-5610.
• Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 2030 Union Road, will sell pumpkins, Indian corn, gourds, straw and corn stalks today through Oct. 31. For more information, call (314) 544-3737.
Monday, Oct. 17
• The Crestwood Women's Club will meet at 12:30 p.m. at the Crestwood Community Center, 9245 Whitecliff Park Lane. For more information, call (314) 833-9467.
• Certified wildlife control professional Mark Casaleggi will speak at the Wild-life Blues program sponsored by Crest-wood Animal Control. The free event will take place at 7 p.m. at the Com-munity Center, 9245 Whitecliff Park Lane. To register, call (314) 729-4860.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 1070 will meet at 6:30 p.m. at St. Anthony's Medstop Urgent Care, Room A, 2900 Lemay Ferry Road. For more information, call (314) 894-0357.A free card club for seniors featuring bridge and pinochle will meet from 12:15 to 3:15 p.m. at the Ken-nedy Recreation Complex, 6050 Wells Road. For additional information, call (314) 894-3089.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 943 will meet at 6:15 p.m. at the Cliff Cave Branch County Library, 5430 Telegraph Road. For information, call (314) 398-4780.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 139 will meet at 7 p.m. at the Tesson Ferry Branch County Library, 9920 Lin Ferry Drive. For more information, call (314) 843-3867.
Tuesday, Oct. 18
• Southwest Shrewsbury Chapter 2946 of the American Association of Retired Persons Inc. will meet for lunch at 11 a.m. at Fire Mountain, 8925 Watson Road. For more information, call (314) 752-9465.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 1 p.m. at the First Unity Church, 4753 Butler Hill Road. Call (636) 717-0412 for more information.
• The Way to Wellness cancer support group will meet from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Faith Lutheran Church, 6101 Telegraph Road. For more information, call (314) 846-8612.
• The Crestwood-Sunset Hills Area Chamber of Commerce will meet at the Holiday Inn Southwest, 10709 Watson Road. Networking will begin at 11:30 a.m. followed by lunch at noon. Reservations are required; call (314) 843-8545.
Wednesday, Oct. 19
• Sunset Hills Chapter 2346 of the American Association of Retired Persons Inc. will meet at 11 a.m. for lunch at Fire Mountain, 8925 Watson Road. For more information, call (314) 487-4986.
• The Joseph L. Frank American Legion Post 777 will meet at 7:30 p.m. at Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2184, 6327 Lemay Ferry Road. For information, call (314) 849-6212.
• The South County Kiwanis Club will meet at noon at the Ponderosa Steakhouse on South Lindbergh Boul-evard. For additional information, call (314) 487-6877.
• The South County Toastmasters will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Best Western 55 South Inn at Interstate 55 and Meramec Bottom Road. For more information, call (314) 894-0357.
• The St. Louis County Rotary Club will meet at noon at the Bartolino's South restaurant, 5914 S. Lindbergh Blvd. For more information, call (314) 845-2225.
• The Mehlville Optimist Club will meet for breakfast at 7 a.m. at Ging-ham's Restaurant, Lindbergh Boule-vard and Lemay Ferry Road.
• The Kiwanis Club of Gravois will meet at noon at Orlando Gardens, 8352 Watson Road. For more information, call (314) 481-2276.