9977 Lin Ferry Dr., St. Louis, MO 63123
Phone: (314) 843-0102
Fax: (314) 843-0508
Senior Class Composites
Health & Fitness
Home & Garden
Letters to Santa
Lost & Found
Coupons On Call
Around the Kitchen
Serve up pancakes to warm your heart
click to see advertisement
Wake up your family's taste buds this weekend with a heart-shaped pancake breakfast they are sure to love.
The recipe is easy for children to prepare and is a fun project the whole family can cook up together.
All you need is a box of pancake mix and the ingredients listed on the package, plus red food coloring and a two-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter.
Here's how to create the perfect heart-shaped pancake:
• Prepare pancake mix according to package directions. Then divide the batter evenly into two medium-size bowls. Set one bowl aside.
• Gently stir red food coloring into the second bowl until the batter turns a deep pink color.
• Prepare a flattop griddle or pan; pancakes turn out better when cooked on a flat surface. Rub the pan with a little bit of oil; butter may scorch and could affect the look of the pancakes.
• Set your griddle to the temperature indicated on the package. Sprinkle a few drops of water in the center; if bubbles skitter around the pan, it is ready for cooking.
• Cook pancakes according to package directions until you have used all of the batter from both bowls. Make sure you make an even number of pancakes and that you have the same amount from each bowl.
• When the pancakes are finished, place them on a wire cooling rack or a sheet of foil for two minutes. Then, transfer them to a clean cutting board.
• Cut a heart out of the center of each pancake using a two-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter.
• Place a red mini-pancake heart in the center of each white pancake and a white mini-pancake heart in the center of each red pancake.
Many people love these heart-shaped pancakes served with warm syrup and sliced strawberries.
City of Crestwood
City of Green Park
City of Sunset Hills
Lindbergh School District
Mehlville School District
Mehlville Fire Protection District
St. Louis County
Around the Kitchen
Chicken and biscuits together make a terrific tasty treat for family, friends
Email this story
letter to the editor about this article
Type in your zip code and click "Go" to get your 7-day forecast.
copyright 1999 - 2017