9977 Lin Ferry Dr., St. Louis, MO 63123
Phone: (314) 843-0102
Fax: (314) 843-0508
Senior Class Composites
Health & Fitness
Home & Garden
Letters to Santa
Lost & Found
Coupons On Call
Never give out your credit card, Social Security or bank account numbers to unknown callers.
Hang up, prevent telemarketing fraud
click to see advertisement
Americans lose more than $40 billion to telemarketing fraud every year.
More than half of the telemarketing fraud victims are older than age 50.
Credit card and sweepstakes scams, work-at-home schemes and advance-fee loans account for most telemarketing cons.
To avoid getting stung, know the warning signs of telemarketing fraud:
• Offers for "free" trips and prizes that require you to buy something, attend a sales presentation or give a credit card number.
• Demands to "act immediately" for a "one-time opportunity."
• Promises of "fantastic financial returns" or "risk-free investing."
• Requests for your credit card, Social Security or bank account numbers.
To protect your life savings:
• Hang up if you're suspicious.
• Avoid charities and businesses you don't know.
• Ask for the offer in writing.
• Take your time. If the offer is legitimate, it will be there tomorrow.
For more information, call (800) FYI-CALL, the National Center for Victims of Crime Helpline, or visit
City of Crestwood
City of Green Park
City of Sunset Hills
Lindbergh School District
Mehlville School District
Mehlville Fire Protection District
St. Louis County
Hometown volunteers can lend a helping hand
Email this story
letter to the editor about this article
Type in your zip code and click "Go" to get your 7-day forecast.
copyright 1999 - 2017