|A wide variety of merchandise and competitive prices are featured at close-out retailers.|
Deck your halls for next to nothing
Jack Frost doesn't have to nip at your wallet for creative ways to decorate and entertain this holiday season.
Impress your guests by taking advantage of what nature has to offer as well as a wide selection of affordable holiday decorations found at close-out retailers. By using your creativity, you can deck your halls for next to nothing.
Consider these cost-saving tips for elegant and affordable holiday home decorating:
• Set your table with style — Spruce up your setting with charger plates, cloth napkins tucked inside glasses and a sprinkling of potpourri across the table.
Cluster different sized candles on a plate, winding ribbon through them. Add beads and glass bulbs with craft glue.
• Think multi-purpose — Decorate wreaths with picks and fall-themed decorative fruit early in the season and and then gradually replace fall decorations with holiday ribbon, mini-hanging ornaments and bulbs. Spray with canned snow.
• Dress to impress — Dress up your dining room chairs with inexpensive slipcovers by creatively using eyelet bed sheets, tablecloths, or an organza shower curtain.
Slip the cover over the chair, use a roll of ribbon to tie the cover to the chair back and allow a trail of ribbon to flow from there. Add beads or pearls for a glamorous touch.
• Be the center of attention — Clear glass bowls filled with an assortment of mini glass lights, seasonal fruit and gourds or decorative items like mini-lights, pine cones, dry pods and other craft items make a beautiful holiday centerpiece.
Spray some items with gold paint and sprinkle with glitter.
• Sweeten the offering — Create a decadent dessert table using two tall, unlit pillar candles or vases filled with leaves and pine cones. Place a plate on top of the candles or vases to serve pies, brownies and other desserts.
Add tinsel around the desserts and guests may think your presentation makes the food almost too beautiful to eat.
You can find top-quality, brand-name products at 20 percent to 40 percent below discount retailers at close-out stores that offer tremendous savings on a variety of decorations and home goods throughout the holiday season and year-round.