Marc Kollbaum, curator of Jefferson Barracks County Park, left, stands in front of the newly renovated Visitors' Center with Friends of Jefferson Bar-racks President Glenda Stockton and board member Robert Palmer. Stock-ton holds a photograph of the facility as it looked in 1946 when the Army closed the fort. The Army originally constructed the building for use as a barn for the Ordnance Department in 1878. The $1 million renovation was funded by local, state and federal grants, as well as private donations. An open house was conducted Saturday to show off the new Visitor's Center.