Thursday, May 29
• St. Louis County Department of Planning Director Glenn Powers will speak during a town-hall meeting sponsored by County Councilman John Campisi at 7 p.m. at the Weber Branch County Library, 4444 Weber Road. For more information, call 615-0159.
• Former state Sen. Irene Treppler will speak at a meeting of the Reagan Federated Republican Women's Club at 6 p.m. at the Grone Cafeteria in the Yorkshire Shopping Center at Laclede Station and Watson roads.
• KICK International will sponsor a kickboxing show and fund-raiser at 7:30 p.m. at the Two Hearts Banquet Center at South Lindbergh Boulevard and Gravois Road. The event will include competition by athletes in jun-ior through adult categories. Ringside seats cost $15 and general admission is $12. Proceeds will benefit local athletes who will compete in a national kickboxing tournament in July at Las Vegas. For tickets, call (636) 274-3374.
• Storytime will take place at 10 and 10:30 a.m. for children ages 2 and 3 and at 10 a.m. for children ages 4 and 5 at the Cliff Cave Branch County Li-brary, 5430 Telegraph Road. For more information, call 487-6003.
• The Crestwood-Sunset Hills Kiwan-is Club will meet at noon at Tsevis' Pub and Grill, 189 Concord Village Plaza. For more information, call 843-4168.
• Recovery in Christ, a 12-step alcohol and substance abuse support group, will meet at 7 p.m. at Faith Lutheran Church, 6101 Telegraph Road. For more information, call 416-1732 or 846-3381.
• Obsessive Compulsive Anonymous, a 12-step program support group for those who suffer from obsessive compulsive disorders or related anxiety/pan-ic disorders, will meet at 7 p.m. at the Concord Trinity United Methodist Church, 5275 S. Lindbergh Blvd. For more information, call (636) 394-0564.
• The Freedom2Faithfulness Support Group for men struggling with pornography and sexual issues will meet at 7 p.m. at Faith Lutheran Church, 6101 Tel-egraph Road. For more information, call 846-8612.
Friday, May 30
• The Eden United Church of Christ, 8920 Eden Ave., will sponsor its annual barbecue from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. For more information, call 631-8930.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 9:30 a.m. at the Affton Presbyterian Church, 9217 Gravois Road. For more information, call 845-6044.
Saturday, May 31
• The Lemay Fire Protection District will sponsor its "Spring Into Fire Safety'' open house and blood drive from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at its headquarters, 1201 Telegraph Road. The open house will include a blood drive sponsored by the American Red Cross, free smoke detectors for residents, child car seat safety checks, tours, free coloring books, hot dogs and soda. For additional information, call 631-4500.
• The 97th Regimental String Band will perform its annual Civil War concert at 7 p.m.on the patio at the Jefferson Barracks Historic Site. Gates open at 6 p.m. The cost is $10. For those wearing period clothing, the cost is $5. Children 10 and younger are admitted free. For more information, call 544-5714.
Sunday, June 1
• Mehlville Senior High School seniors will celebrate their graduation with a Baccalaureate service at 6 p.m. at Concord Church, 13775 Tesson Ferry Road.
• The Childbirth Center of St. An-thony's Medical Center will offer a class for "big brothers and sisters'' of newborns on the eighth floor of St. Anthony's Medical Center, 10010 Ken-nerly Road. Children ages 3 and 4 will meet from 1 to 2 p.m.; children ages 4 and 5 from 2 to 3 p.m.; and children ages 7 and older from 3 to 4 p.m. The cost is $10. Registration is required. To register, call 1-800-554-9550.
Monday, June 2
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 1070 will meet at 5:30 p.m. at St. Paul's United Church of Christ, 5508 Telegraph Road. For more information, call 894-0357.
• A free card club for seniors featuring bridge and pinochle will meet from noon to 3 p.m. at the Kennedy Recreation Complex, 6050 Wells Road. For more information, call 894-3089.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 943 will meet at 5:30 p.m. at the Cliff Cave Branch County Library, 5430 Tel-egraph Road. For more information, call 892-0328.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 139 will meet at 7 p.m. at the Tesson Ferry Branch County Library, 9920 Lin Ferry Drive. For more information, call 842-9225.
• A YMCA Cardio Kick coed exercise class will take place from 6 to 7 p.m. at Abiding Savior Lutheran Church, 4355 Butler Hill Road. For more information, call 894-9703.
• The Affton Community Chorus will conduct choral rehearsals at 7 p.m. at the Zion United Methodist Church, 1603 Union Road. No audition is required. For more information, call 544-2849.
• The St. Louis Gateway Singers, formerly known as the Anheuser-Busch Chorus, will conduct choral rehearsals from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Sherbrooke Village, 4005 Ripa Ave. The chorus is seeking new members. For more information, call 892-4720.
Tuesday, June 3
• Oakville Senior High School Class of 2003 will conduct a Baccalaureate service at 7 p.m. at St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, 4900 Ringer Road.
• A diabetes support group will meet at 10 a.m. on the eighth floor of St. An-thony's Medical Center, 10010 Kennerly Road. For more information, call 525-4506.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 1 p.m. at the First Unity Church, 4753 Butler Hill Road. Call 638-6070 to obtain additional information.
• The Carondelet Toastmasters will meet at 7 p.m. on the second floor of the Gateway Ambulance Building, 911 Holly Hills. For more information, call 843-4599.
• The Prism Weight Loss Support Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. at Abiding Savior Lutheran Church, 4355 Butler Hill Road. For more information, call 894-9703.
• A DivorceCare support group will meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Faith Lutheran Church, 6101 Tel-egraph Road. For more information, call 846-8612.
• The Jefferson County Swing Dance Club will meet from 7 to 10 p.m. at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall at Big Bill and Highway 141. For additional information or to set up a group lesson, call (636) 296-9705.
Wednesday, June 4
• May Scheve, chair of the Missouri Democratic Party and a former state representative, will speak during a meeting of the Oakville Democratic Organization at 7 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus, 7381 Tele-graph Road. For additional information about the meeting, call Bruce Blunt at 487-0202.
• The South County Kiwanis Club will meet at noon at the Ponderosa Steakhouse on South Lindbergh Boulevard. For more information, call 487-6877.
• The South County Toastmasters will meet at 7 p.m. at the Best Western South Inn at Interstate 55 and Meramec Bottom Road. For more information, call 894-0357 or 894-5845.
• Storytime at the Tesson Ferry Branch County Library, 9920 Lin Ferry Drive, is set at 10 a.m. for children ages 3 to 6. For information, call 843-0560.
• The St. Louis County Rotary Club will meet at noon at the Hol-iday Inn South County Center, 6921 S. Lindbergh Blvd. For more information, call 845-2225.
• The Mehlville Optimist Club will meet for breakfast at 7 a.m. at Gingham's Restaurant, 7333 S. Lindbergh Blvd., near Lindbergh Boule-vard and Lemay Ferry Road.
• The Kiwanis Club of Gravois will meet at noon at Orlando Gar-dens, 8352 Watson Road. For more information, call 843-9554.
• Tai Chi classes will be offered from 11 a.m. to noon in the Youth and Community Center of the Luth-eran Church of Webster Gardens, 8773 Watson Road. The cost is $4. For additional information, call 961-5275.