Modern kitchens combine form, function
Streamlined cabinetry, designer fixtures, practical functionality, easy cleanup and soothing colors all call to mind the contemporary home.
The contemporary style combines highly modern elements with a look that is fresh, efficient and visually engaging.
And, according to design experts, you don't have to sacrifice performance for good looks.
Innovations in solid-surface countertops, cabinet-matching panel inserts and scratch and fingerprint-resistant finishes are just a few examples of how today's busy families are incorporating ease-of-use functions with sleek designs to yield a practical, yet easy-to-maintain lifestyle.
Designers love appliances that offer hidden controls so that nothing interrupts the clean lines that are hallmarks of a contemporary kitchen.
Also, appliance controls and buttons can become clogged with grime, which diminishes a kitchen's appearance.
One new kitchen faucet, for example, artfully positions controls for its three-function spray out of sight, but easily accessible on the ergonomic pull-out comfort spray grip.
The result with this product and other innovative solutions is that homeowners no longer need to sacrifice high style for high function.
Other sophisticated additions to the contemporary kitchen include:
• Warming ovens concealed by custom, cabinet-matching drawer fronts in the kitchen, as well as the bathroom.
• Slide-in ranges with curved, frameless oven doors, clear windows and all-glass display panels.
• Fully integrated, stainless steel fixtures, sinks and backsplashes.
• Upright refrigerators or refrigerator drawers with custom, cabinet-matching panels and hardware.
• Cooktops with easy-to-clean, sealed burners.