Thursday, May 8
• A peer support group for blind and visually-impaired members of the community who have a diagnosis of 20/70 or more with correction in the better eye, will meet from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at Kirkwood Presbyterian Church, 100 E. Adams Ave. For more information, call 843-9880.
• Julie Dubrouillet will conduct a hands-on batik demonstration during a meeting of the Art World Association at 7 p.m. at the First Congregational Church of Webster Groves at the corner of Lockwood and Elm. The event is free. For more information, call 842-4146.
• The Affton Community Betterment Association will sponsor the first-ever Affton Garden Club, which will meet at 7 p.m. at the Oakland House, 7801 Genesta Ave. A guest speaker from the Federated Garden Club will be featured. For more information, call 961-2682.
• The St. Louis Community Chorus will perform its annual spring concert at 8 p.m. today and Friday at the Parkway Baptist Church, 12465 Olive Street Road. The cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 6 to 12. Tickets are available from MetroTix at 534-1111, from chorus members or at the door. For more information, call 993-5322.
• Storytime will take place at 10 and 10:30 a.m. for children ages 2 and 3 and at 10 a.m. for children ages 4 and 5 at the Cliff Cave Branch County Li-brary, 5430 Telegraph Road. For more information, call 487-6003.
• The Crestwood-Sunset Hills Kiwan-is Club will meet at noon at Tsevis' Pub and Grill, 189 Concord Village Plaza. For more information, call 843-4168.
• Recovery in Christ, a 12-step alcohol and substance abuse support group, will meet at 7 p.m. at Faith Lutheran Church, 6101 Telegraph Road. For additional information, call 416-1732 or 846-3381.
• Obsessive Compulsive Anonymous, a 12-step program support group for those who suffer from obsessive compulsive disorders or related anxiety/pan-ic disorders, will meet at 7 p.m. at the Concord Trinity United Methodist Church, 5275 S. Lindbergh Blvd. For more information, call (636) 394-0564.
• The Freedom2Faithfulness Support Group for men struggling with pornography and sexual issues will meet at 7 p.m. at Faith Lutheran Church, 6101 Telegraph Road. For more information, call 846-8612.
• A cancer support and prayer group will meet at 7 p.m. at the Rivers of Life Church, 4646 S. Lindbergh Blvd. For more information, call 842-2207.
• Mothers of Preschoolers will meet at 9:30 a.m. in Room 176A at Canaan Baptist Church, 5409 Baumgartner Road. To preregister or obtain more in-formation, call (636) 464-4946.
Friday, May 9
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 9:30 a.m. at the Affton Presbyterian Church, 9217 Gravois Road. For more information, call 845-6044.
• St. Luke's Singles will meet at 6 p.m. at a local restaurant. Dinner reservations are required. For information, call 631-2140 or 892-4549.
Saturday, May 10
• Mehlville's Organization for Mo-thers' Support will sponsor its annual spring Baby Mania Sale, rain or shine, from 8 a.m. to noon in the parking lot of Mehlville Senior High School, 3200 Lemay Ferry Road. Moms and dads from throughout St. Louis County come to buy and sell children's clothing, baby items, children's furniture, toys and maternity wear. For information about renting a space to sell items, call 846-2737.
• The Affton Chamber of Commerce will sponsor its annual barbecue from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Schnucks parking lot on the corner of Gravois and Valcour, across the street from Grasso Plaza. Proceeds benefit the Affton Days Parade and Festival, which will take place Sept. 20.
• The Big River Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5331, 1 Lynn Lane, Cedar Hill, will conduct a "support our troops'' rally at 3 p.m. featuring a variety of bands, refreshments and food. For more information, call (636) 285-5001.
• A flea market will take place from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Rosati Council 795 Knights of Columbus, 9410 S. Broad-way. Tables are available by calling 544-0508.
• The Lutheran Church of Webster Gardens, 8749 Watson Road, will offer an American Red Cross Baby-Sitters' Training Course from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The cost is $20, which includes a handbook. For more information, call 961-5275.
Sunday, May 11
• A meat shoot will take place from noon to dusk at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2184, 6327 Lemay Ferry Road.
Monday, May 12
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 1070 will meet at 5:30 p.m. at St. Paul's United Church of Christ, 5508 Tele-graph Road. For more information, call 894-0357.
• A free card club for seniors featuring bridge and pinochle will meet from noon to 3 p.m. at the Kennedy Recrea-tion Complex, 6050 Wells Road. For more information, call 894-3089.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 943 will meet at 5:30 p.m. at the Cliff Cave Branch County Library, 5430 Telegraph Road. For information, call 892-0328.
• The St. Louis Gateway Singers, formerly known as the Anheuser-Busch Chorus, will conduct choral rehearsals from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Sherbrooke Village, 4005 Ripa Ave. The chorus is seeking new members. For more information, call 892-4720.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly Chapter 139 will meet at 7 p.m. at the Tesson
Ferry Branch County Library, 9920 Lin Ferry Drive. For more information, call 842-9225.
• A YMCA Cardio Kick coed exercise class will take place from 6 to 7 p.m. at Abiding Savior Lutheran Church, 4355 Butler Hill Road. For more information, call 894-9703.
• The St. Louis Star Quilt Guild will meet at 7 p.m. in the lower level of the St. Thomas Holy Spirit Church, 3980 S. Lindbergh Blvd. For more information, call 894-0975.
• Mehlville's Organization for Mo-ther's Support will meet at 6:30 p.m. in the Blades Elementary School cafeteria, 5140 Patterson Road. For more in-formation, call 892-2752 or 894-3566.
Tuesday, May 13
• The South County Aglow Com-munity Lighthouse Fellowship will meet at 10 a.m. at the Parc Lorraine Clubhouse on Dumont Place in Lemay. Lunch will be served at 11:30 a.m. The cost is $12. Reservations are required. For more information, call 892-1279 or 351-1169.
• Overeaters Anonymous will meet at 1 p.m. at the First Unity Church, 4753 Butler Hill Road. Call 638-6070 for more information.
• The Carondelet Toastmasters will meet at 7 p.m. on the second floor of the Gateway Ambulance Building, 911 Holly Hills. For more information, call 843-4599.
• The Prism Weight Loss Support Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. at Savior Lutheran Church, 4355 Butler Hill Road. For information, call 894-9703.
• A DivorceCare support group will meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Faith Luth-eran Church, 6101 Telegraph Road. For more information, call 846-8612.
• The Jefferson County Swing Dance Club will meet from 7 to 10 p.m. at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall at Big Bill and Highway 141. For more information or to set up a group lesson, call (636) 296-9705.
• A grief support group, designed to help individuals cope with the death of a loved one, will meet from 7:30 to 9 p.m. in Classroom 7 on the third-floor of St. Anthony's Medical Center, 10010 Kennerly Road. For more information, call 525-1999.
Wednesday, May 14
• A retirement reception will be held to honor O. Victor Lenz Jr., Lindbergh School District assistant superintendent for curriculum, will take place from 2:45 to 5 p.m. in the high school auditorium, 4900 S. Lindbergh Blvd. Lenz, a 1960 graduate of Lindbergh High School, began his 39-year career in education as a teacher in the Ritenour School District. He moved to the area in 1949 and was enrolled in third grade at Rott School, a year before the Lind-bergh School District was established. He returned to Lindbergh in 1966 as a teacher. Later he became a counselor and then assistant principal of what would become Truman Middle School. He was principal at Truman and Sper-reng Middle School before being named assistant superintendent. A scholarship is being established in Lenz's honor. Do-nations may be made to the Lindbergh Foundation, 4900 S. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, Mo. 63126.
• The Missouri Society of Profess-ional Engineers Auxiliary, St. Louis Chapter, will conduct a luncheon , meeting and officer installation beginning at 11:30 a.m. in the living room at the Junior League of St. Louis, 10435 Clay-ton Road. The cost is $17. For reservations, call 383-3232 or 481-5310.
• Insuring Success Toastmasters will meet from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Room 108 at the General American Building, 13045 Tesson Ferry Road. For more information, call 525-6677.
• The Tesson Heights Kiwanis Club will meet at 11:30 a.m. at the Tesson Heights Retirement Community, 12335 W. Bend Drive. For more information, call 849-1366.
• The New Moms' Network, offered by the Childbirth Center at St. Anthony's Medical Center, will offer new moms the opportunity to meet new friends, share information and experiences and support. Babies are welcome. The group meets from 10 to 11:30 a.m. in the third-floor classrooms at St. Anthony's Med-ical Center, 10010 Kennerly Road. Reg-istration is requested. Additional information is available by calling 1-(800)-554-9550.
• Now Widowed New Ways Inc., an activity group for senior widowed men and women, will meet at 7 p.m. at Divine Science Church of Crestwood, 9525 Eddie and Park Road. For more information, call 961-8916.
• The South County Kiwanis Club will meet at noon at the Ponderosa Steakhouse on South Lindbergh Boule-vard. For information, call 487-6877.
• The South County Toastmasters will meet at 7 p.m. at the Best Western South Inn at Interstate 55 and Meramec Bottom Road. For more information, call 894-0357 or 894-5845.
• Storytime at the Tesson Ferry Branch County Library, 9920 Lin Ferry Drive, is set at 10 a.m. for children ages 3 to 6. For information, call 843-0560.
• The St. Louis County Rotary Club will meet at noon at the Holiday Inn South County Center, 6921 S. Lind-bergh Blvd. For more information, call 845-2225.
• The Mehlville Optimist Club will meet for breakfast at 7 a.m. at Ging-ham's Restaurant, Lindbergh Boulevard and Lemay Ferry Road.
• The Kiwanis Club of Gravois will meet at noon at Orlando Gardens, 8352 Watson Road. For more information, call 843-9554.
• Tai Chi classes will be offered from 11 a.m. to noon in the Youth and Com-munity Center of the Lutheran Church of Webster Gardens, 8773 Watson Road. The cost is $4. For more information, call 961-5275.