Tags: St. Louis County News, Web Exclusive
October 03, 2012 - The JB Blast, which was scheduled to occur today — Friday, Oct. 5 — at Jefferson Barracks Park has been canceled for the second time this year.
Sixth District Councilman Steve Stenger, who is a sponsor of the annual event, told the Call he does not know if it will be rescheduled for a later date or of it is canceled for the year.
"That's still a matter of discussion," he said.
Whether the event will be rescheduled will be determined through a consensus of everyone involved, Stenger said. He also noted that a possible reschedule depends upon the availability of the Veterans Memorial Amphitheater.
The annual event is sponsored by County Executive Charlie Dooley, the South County Chamber of Commerce, the St. Louis County Department of Parks and Recreation, the St. Louis County Police Department and Stenger.
The JB Blast originally was scheduled July 3, but was postponed at that time due to extreme heat and dry weather conditions.
School NewsLindbergh cancels all after-school activities tonightGrand-jury announcement expected todayNov 19 2014Lindbergh Schools has canceled all after-school activities and events for tonight — Monday — in light of the announcement of the grand jury decision in the Michael Brown and Darren Wilson case, a precaution ... Impact NewsNorth county lifts Stenger to victoryIn south county, Stenger performs best in Lemay, receiving 51 percent of voteNov 26 2014Township reports released by the county Board of Election Commissioners last week show that 6th District Councilman Steve Stenger, D-Affton, earned his narrow victory for county executive over Rep. Rick ... Our TownWreaths Across America honors local veterans
Missouri Civil Air Patrol participate in wreath-laying salute
Nov 19 2014For the ninth year in a row, members of Missouri Wing Civil Air Patrol, U.S. Air Force Auxiliary, are partnering with Wreaths Across America, a nonprofit organization that recognizes U.S. military veterans ...