July 04, 2012 - Mehlville School District administrators and directors, including Superintendent Eric Knost, received a 1.5-percent raise for the 2012-2013 school year.
The pay raise for administrators and directors, excluding Knost, was approved by the Board of Education with a 6-1 vote last week. Board member Rich Franz was opposed.
Knost's 1.5-percent pay raise was voted on separately and approved with a 7-0 vote.
Classified employees received a 2.5-percent raise with a 6-1 vote. Franz was opposed.
Franz told the Call he voted against raises for administrators, directors and classified employees because he does not believe the economy, specifically within the district, has recovered.
"I think the message the school board needs to continue to send to the community is that we're sensitive to that, and we're fiscally responsible and we're going to keep in mind the financial condition of the taxpayers when talking about raises," he said.
However, Franz said he voted in favor of granting Knost a raise because he believes Knost is "doing a great job" in his first year as superintendent.
"I think he has done a wonderful job of making inroads to bring the community together, to heal the relationship between the school board and the community," he said. "… I think we sent a message to the superintendent and the community that we appreciate the job he's doing, and we continue to support him."
Salaries for Central Office administrators for the 2012-2013 school year are:
• Knost, $187,775, up from his previous salary of $185,000.
• Lisa Counts, assistant superintendent, $120,227, up from $118,450.
• Brian Lane, assistant superintendent, $120,227, up from $118,450.
• Tina Plummer, Blades Elementary principal for the 2011-2012 school year and assistant superintendent for 2012-2013, $116,349, up from $113,849.
Salaries of high school principals and assistant principals for the 2012-2013 school year are:
• Janet Kellerman, Oakville High principal, $116,725, up from $115,000.
• James Kern, Oakville High assistant principal, $95,952, up from $94,534.
• Janet Anthony, Oakville High assistant principal, $106,673, up from $105,097.
• Brian Brennan, Oakville High assistant principal, $90,954, up from $89,610.
• Denise Swanger, Mehlville High principal, $120,785, up from $119,000.
• Angelo Colona, Mehlville High assistant principal, $107,440, up from $105,852.
• Shannon Pike, Mehlville High assistant principal, $92,365, up from $91,000.
• Pollie Richardson, SCOPE/SSLCMS principal, $111,304, up from $109,659.
Middle school principal and assistant principal salaries for 2012-2013 are:
• Lori Sullivan, Bernard Middle assistant principal in 2011-2012 and Bernard Middle principal for 2012-2013, $100,000, up from $83,670.
• Paul Westbrook, a science teacher at Bernard Middle during the 2011-2012 school year and Bernard Middle assistant principal for 2012-2013, $81,233.
• Michael Salsman, Oakville Middle principal, $109,875, up from $108,251.
• John Weber, Margaret Buerkle Middle principal, $104,545, up from $103,000.
• Ross Bullington, Margaret Buerkle Middle assistant principal, $88,550, up from $87,241.
• Adam Smith, Washington Middle principal, $104,545, up from $103,000.
• Patrick Keenoy, Washington Middle assistant principal, $87,473, up from $86,180.
Elementary school principal salaries for the 2012-2013 school year are:
• Scott Andrews, Hagemann Elementary principal, $113,413, up from $111,737.
• Jeremy Booker, Bierbaum Elementary assistant principal for 2011-2012 and Blades Elementary principal for 2012-2013, $95,000, up from $80,999.
• Jeffrey Bresler, Rogers Elementary principal, $111,863, up from $110,210.
• Scott Clark, Forder Elementary principal, $97,227, up from $95,790.
• Andrea Deane, Beasley Elementary principal, $96,425, up from $95,000.
• Chad Dickemper, Oakville Elementary principal, $97,227, up from $95,790.
• Dan Gieseler, Point Elementary principal for the 2012-2013 school year, $95,000. Former Point Elementary Principal Jim Walters earned $109,674 for the previous school year. Walters' contract recently was terminated by the board.
• David Meschke, Wohlwend Elementary principal, $100,964, up from $99,472.
• Kristy Roberts, Bierbaum Elementary principal, $109,171, up from $107,558.
• Donna Wagener, Trautwein Elementary principal, $107,178, up from $105,594.
Certified director salaries for 2012-2013 are:
• Mark Catalana, director of alternative programs for the 2011-2012 school year and interim director of human resources for 2012-2013, $87,000, up from $62,000.
• Becky Czuppon, director of activities, $81,545, up from $80,340.
• Barbara Ehlen, director of Parents as Teachers, $66,951, up from $65,962.
• Sarah Fahrner, director of elementary curriculum, $75,000. Fahrner previously was a third- and fourth-grade teacher at Oakville Elementary.
• Lisa Furey, director of accounting, $70,045, up from $69,010.
• Daniel Gilman, director of transportation, $71,050, up from $70,000.
• Steve Habeck, director of facilities, $86,275, up from $85,000.
• Scott Hayes, executive director of special services, $109,479, up from $107,861.
• Alicia Landers, Mehlville High assistant principal for 2011-2012 and curriculum technology director for 2012-2013, $95,000, up from $91,860.
• Robert Kern, director of activities, $73,182, up from $72,100.
• Katie Koester, director of school food and nutrition, $63,772, up from $62,830.
• Sherri Lange, teacher and director of career and technical education for the 2011-2012 school year and director of federal programs for 2012-2013, $90,000, up from $78,025.
• Steven Lee, director of technology services, $105,397, up from $103,839.
• Steven Meyer, assistant director of information technology services and SIS database manager during 2011-2012 and assistant director of technology services for the 2012-2013 school year, $75,000, up from $60,949.
• John Tucker, assistant director of facilities, $57,539, up from $56,689.
• Ann Westbrook, director of early childhood, $80,000. She previously taught kindergarten at Oakville Elementary.
• Amanda Zink, director of secondary curriculum, $80,000. Zink previously was a language arts teacher at Oakville High.